To treat heel and arch pain the underline cause of a disease must first be determined. Three of the most common causes of heel and arch pain are plantar fasciitis, nerve entrapment, calcaneus bone spur.
Although there are incredible diverse options in treatment of Heel and arch pain some of the most common treatment and recommendations that we can offer may include:
- Resting, avoiding walking long distances and standing for long periods of time.
- Stretching your calf muscles and plantar fascia
- Anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and icing
- Supportive devices – such as Orthotics
- Physical therapy
- Trigger point cortisone injection
- Night splint
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Orthobiologics: Injectable Therapies
- Minimally invasive surgery
There are multiple factors that go into choosing the right combination of treatment for any patient. Theses factors can include the patient age, health status, medications, severity of the condition, patient lifestyle. Please Consult with your physician or our office regarding a proper treatment plan for you.